Ken Block’s 1965 Ford Mustang Hoonicorn
This is Ken Blocks new ride. He calls it the “Hoonicorn”, which of course is a wordplay on Hoonigan.
Having read the specs, i don’t imagine it will handle much like a unicorn though.
I’m thinking it will be more like driving a very angry rhinoceros.
A black rhino, standing on golden (close enough) splits, which of course makes me fall in love with it.
It’s a serious build, no doubt.
Since they’ve made special compound tires, I’m guessing he’ll be going all in in the Gymkhana 7.
Stay tuned. Video goes up in only a few days!
HOONICORN RTR SPECIFICATIONS:
– MOTOR: Roush Yates 410 cubic inch Ford V8, 845 hp/720 lb.ft with ITBs
– TRANSMISSION: 6-speed Sadev SC90-24 all-wheel drive transmission with a hydraulic handbrake system
– SUSPENSION: Custom ASD Motorsports-designed geometry and components
– BODY: 1965 widebody Ford Mustang designed by RTR, Ken Block and Hoonigan, ASD Motorsports full tubular chassis, ASD Motorsports custom roll-cage, door bars and front/rear suspension mounts, RTR carbon fiber body panels
– WHEELS: fifteen52 three-piece R40, 18″ x10.5″
– TIRES: Pirelli Trofeo R, 295/30/18, custom Ken Block compound
2014/11/16 | Budda